Rates, Policies & FAQs
What do we do about meals and food?
- Our InnKeepers offer a complimentary, healthy, delicious morning breakfast you will tell your friends about, prepared with fresh ingredients from Maine coast farms.
- Borrowing from English Bed and Breakfast tradition, afternoon tea is served in the parlor. Sherry or Port, and various treats — breads, patés, and sweets — are complimentary.
- Lunch and evening meals are provided on-island from a select menu at additional cost – $75 per person for 3-course dinners; $85 per person for traditional Maine lobster bakes. When weather and seas permit, guests may dine on shore. Launch transportation to the mainland is $100 round trip for up to three hours and another $50 per hour for each additional hour.
- Guests can choose to enjoy dinner in our beautiful kitchen and enjoy the social atmosphere while getting to know innkeepers and other guests, or can choose to dine in a more intimate setting in the parlor. If the weather permits, guests may also dine more informally on our patio overlooking the sea.
- For lunch, we offer an “In-Suite Cold Plate” which can be ordered in advance. This is also perfect for keeping you satisfied in between meals or for a midnight snack! Choose between chicken salad or tuna salad, served in a wrap or on a bed of greens for $35 per plate.
- Each Suite has a small refrigerator and a coffee set-up.
- The Inn offers a curated wine selection for purchase by our guests, as well as a well-stocked liquor cabinet. Our Innkeepers are able to prepare most any libation you might ask for. Since the Cuckolds is a licensed food and alcohol provider, we do ask that you refrain from bringing your own food or alcohol to the island. Small, already prepared snack items are okay. There are no cooking/heating facilities in the suites and the health department only allows the Innkeepers (who are certified in food handling) to prepare food in our kitchen. Also, alcohol consumed on property must legally be purchased through the Cuckolds per our State of Maine liquor license. Basically, we operate much like any hotel with a restaurant downstairs.
- As you will see from our Trip Advisor reviews, guests rave about the cuisine, the delicious and abundant food and hospitality.
- If you wish, fresh fruit baskets, gourmet chocolates, champagne and other treats can be arranged.
How do I get to the Island?
- Only overnight guests have courtesy, reserved parking privileges at 40 Town Landing Road, Southport, ME 04576. Please let us know in advance if there is more than one car per suite so we can plan accommodations for the additional vehicle at an off-site location.
- Visitors and guests are transported to the Cuckolds Island in our covered Cuckold’s launch, piloted by a US Coast Guard Licensed captain. Launch service is by reservation or appointment only. Travel to the island takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Winds, seas, and 10-13 foot tides require flexibility in scheduled trips to and from, or an occasional cancellation on short notice.
- Guests looking to spend their day or evening on the mainland can make these arrangements through the Innkeepers, as weather permits. There is a charge of $100 for the launch transportation, round trip, for up to three hours. After three hours, an additional fee of $50 per hour applies.
- The Captain also offers guided boat tours of the area. Enjoy sight-seeing around beautiful Boothbay Harbor. Learn tidbits of the history of the area, other islands, and lighthouses. You might even catch a glimpse of seals and porpoises along your way. Boat tours are available, as weather permits, for a charge of $100 per hour.
- Overnight guests with their own boats may arrange in advance to reserve one of the Cuckolds moorings, and be transported to the Island dock with our captained launch, for safety and liability reasons.
- Our moorings are also available to be reserved by non-guests of the Inn for $25 a night. Call 877-212-5252 to make your reservation.
What gear & clothing do I need to pack?
- Maine weather is variable. We often say “There is no such thing as bad weather, there is just inappropriate clothing!” You will want to bring slickers or other rain gear to protect you from the elements. Even if it is warm on shore, bring a sweater as it can be chilly on the sea. Your trip to the Island is in an open launch. For your comfort and safety, appropriate footwear is recommended—non-marking deck shoes or rubber soled shoes are recommended.
- Pack Light! The Inn is a luxury destination, already stocked with fine wines & beverages, farm fresh foods and delicacies, fine furnishings, fluffy bathrobes, luxury amenities, and all necessary household items. Just bring yourselves, your camera, a good book, and your sense of adventure and romance.
Do you allow children at the Cuckolds?
- Inn Reservations are for adults only. Children under 18 are not permitted. Do not worry — your visit will be much more romantic without the kids.
Is the Cuckolds Island Handicapped Accessible?
This rugged island is not ADA accessible. If you need a cane, walker, or wheelchair, or have balance or sure-footedness issues, we recommend that you access Cuckolds information online and/or by visiting off-island exhibits that are currently under development.
Children under 18 are not permitted as overnight guests. All visitors are required to sign waivers before boarding our launch or stepping ashore at the Cuckolds.